About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

~ Our Wedding Day ~

Craig Robert Gallagher & Leslie Dawn
"Renstrom" Robertson Gallagh
er
September 18th, 2010


To use my sister Julie's words... "it was a magical day!" God truly blessed us with a most perfect wedding day, filled with blue skies and sunshine, love and laughter, and best of all, shared by family and friends ~ we couldn't have asked for anything more!


I have to admit, I wanted to sleep in, knowing it was going to be a full and busy day, but I guess I was just too excited to sleep because I was awake at 5:30 am... just wanting to talk to Craig =) My morning was fairly leisurely ~ I talked to a few people on the phone, packed my bags for the honeymoon, took a shower, and visited with family. Unbelievably, there was no nervous energy... just excitement and happiness!


Craig met my family at the church to assist with the setup of tables and chairs. A huge THANKS to all my family who helped with this task! I love you all! Afterwards, he had a visit from Danny Lowe, his old friend from school and they got a chance to visit for a brief time before he had to head over to the church.


And Chad ran to pick up my flowers for the bouquet... thanks Chad =)


I got to the church about 3:30 to meet with our Cake baker, Julie Arrowsmith Stenquist... and the cake was stunning!! She did such a great job in copying my dream cake... thank you Julie!



I thought I'd have time to fix up my hair before pictures, but before I knew it, we were ready to start in with the wedding party pics... so I've had better hair days... but once I put on my dress, my shoes, my jewelry, I felt so beautiful and ready to marry my best friend, the hair just didn't matter anymore.


We went outdoors for the pics and the few I've seen so far turned out beautifully.. I can't wait to see the rest! We should have some really great family pictures. We sure love Jodi and are so grateful for her time and energy and this gift of memories for us...


Our Bridal Party included my two best friends, my sisters ~ Julie & Launa ~ and Craig's son, Kovi and best friend, Ronnie, served as his Best Men.


Our beautiful and talented granddaughter, Kailee, sang "A Moment Like This" just moments before the ceremony. She had both Craig & I in tears, along with many in the crowd. We've had soooo many compliments about her performance, and it just made the day so special! I found out later that she had not performed in public or with a microphone before, and I was just so impressed with her poise and her delivery. She was a little pro.. and I can't wait to see what she accomplishes with her vocal talent! This will be a very cherished memory of our wedding day!




We had a couple of other special performances as well. Melanie sang "Love Me Tender" for our first dance, Greg sang "Crazy Love" for Craig's dedication song to me, and Launa sang "You've Got A Way" for my dedication song to Craig. All the performances were simply beautiful and made the day so special and so personal. The DJ music was a wedding gift from my old high school best friend and her husband ~ Sherry & Scott Harward ~ it was perfect!  It was fun to hear them sing together again and the music was so professional!! Thank you to all our family members and friends who contributed such beautiful memories of our day!




I danced with 3 of the men in my life... but missed a special dance with my son, Chad, as he was suffering some pain from a recent work injury! Some of my favorite pics are below... one each with my sisters Julie & Launa, and one with my new grandson Bryton!





Craig & I both agree that the best part of the entire night was seeing family and old friends there.... to share this day with all our family members was so important to both of us and there were some very touching moments for each of us throughout the evening.  Chad & Kovi toasted us ~ and I was so touched by each of them.  Chad just has a way of making people laugh and being so sweet at the same time ~ he thanked me for being such a wonderful Mom and had me choked up with happy tears =) Kovi welcomed me into the family and their entire family has been so loving already!


My son Chad came in from Las Vegas, my brother Matt also came in from Las Vegas, one of my Dad's, Gary Robertson & his wife Carol, came in from Mesa AZ, along with all our local family members.  We had surprise visits from my cousin Barbara & Glenn Pfalmer, all the way from Nevada City California ~ and Craig's next door neighbor from childhood, Darren Patten, in from Mesquite Nevada ~ along with old friends we haven't seen for a long time ~ Danny Lowe (who is actually mentioned by name in my teenage journal!! lol), Wayne & Stacy Zakotnik, Robyn Baughman, Sherry Harward, the Christiansens, Elaine & Vennessa Wilcox, Steve Fanelli and his mother Dora, Teresa Severe.. just to name a few.  We greatly missed several family members who were unable to be there... and a special thank you goes to my Mom & Dad, Keith & Jody Renstrom, for all their hard work and contributions to the day!  We appreciated everyone who came and shared this day with us... our day was simply perfect!




After all the excitement and the visiting with family and friends ~ Mr. and Mrs. Gallagher left the church to head to the Zermatt Resort in Midway for our Honeymoon!


2 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

We love you guys and so enjoyed the wedding. I'm so glad you guys reunited and found true love! We look forward to many more get togethers in the future!

Leslie D Gallagher said...

Thanks Jodi... I was trying to post Kailee's video, but it wouldn't accept it. If you know the trick of posting a video, let me know =)