About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

~ Christmas Wishes ~

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨ "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world... and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."   ~Norman Vincent Peale


I love this time of year... with the lovely music, well wishes from everyone, the beautiful lights and decorations, even the chill in the air adds to the flavor of the holidays.  I just want to wrap up everyone I love in my arms and tell them how much I love them, how important they are to my life and my happiness, and make the good feelings last all through the new year.  I know this time of year can add stress to many people ~ not enough money to provide the desired gifts, not having loved ones around, not feeling peace in your soul, not feeling loved by someone...  If we would all just reach out to those who are needing something, we could provide so much joy without much effort at all. 

I remember one year, we (the entire Renstrom family) decided to provide a Christmas to a family in need.  We contributed food, clothing, toys for the kids ~ and when we went to deliver the packages, no one was home and to keep the packages from getting wet in the snow, we opened the unlocked door to place them inside.  There, we discovered a one room house, with curtains hung for privacy, the barest of essentials, and very little food in the cupboard.  We were so humbled ~ it was unbelievable that people were living this way in Utah County, where there is an abundance for most of us.  That was one of the best Christmas' I ever had ~ and was such a teaching moment for those of us with children.  

Please ~ take a look around you.  Find someone who needs some love, prayers, some attention, some food, some special gift for their child... and make someone smile this Christmas.  That will be a gift that will stay with you forever!!

To everyone who fills my cup, with love, laughter, happiness, joy... I love you. Thank you for your friendship, your love, your support.  I'm so blessed to call you family.. and friends.  And to the two loves in my life ~ Craig & Chad ~ I don't know where I'd be without you guys ~ you each make my heart smile every single day ~ I love you!!!


1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

what a neat thing your family did to provide for a needy family. memories that live forever