About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

~ Life in Texas ~

After a rough summer ~ trying to get used to the heat, humidity, and BUGS, I'm finally starting to enjoy life in Texas!  I first arrived in Texas on May 30th, 2010, after a long hot drive with my car's air conditioning out!  It was hot and uncomfortable, although it was a beautiful drive!  I didn't expect it to be so green and lush, but as I found out, East Texas is beautiful.  I drove from Chicago to Little Rock, where Craig met me for the drive across Texas.  In spite of the hot car, we had a lot of fun beginning our new life together!
Drive from Chicago to Houston May 2010

Almost home!
The summer temps were in the low 100's with nearly 100 % humidity... all I did was sweat!  I can't believe how Craig can work outdoors in the heat all week AND on the weekends... I preferred to stay in the house as much as possible!  I started getting up early to catch the sunrise and enjoy the cooler temps, because I knew I'd be inside most of the day.  I was wondering if I'd survive Texas!  The bright spot was the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that Craig & I enjoyed together ~ we love experiencing the beauty of nature together and the Texas sunsets are amazing!!
Sunrise over the water September 2010

Sunrise September 2010

Sunset at Kemah - August 2010
By the time we got back from our wedding / honeymoon in Utah at the end of September, the temps had dropped to the low-mid 80's and I am LOVING life here now!!  The mornings and evenings are a little cool, but daytime is so nice ~ and I'm so excited to not be dreading the COLD BITTER CHICAGO winters!!!  Craig keeps telling me I need to look on Houston summers as "our winter" when we're not outdoors as much.  I've decided 3 months of "our winter" beats the 6 months of freezing cold Chicago winters!

LIFE IS GOOD for Craig & Leslie in Texas =)

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

yes hot summers win over freezing winters anytime, that's why we live in St. George.