About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Sunday, October 31, 2010

~ October Happenings ~

Well... October is over.  It's been a fun month!  My big Five-O birthday was this month... but instead of a big crazy party, we celebrated quietly ~ just the two of us.  We'd had so much going on with the wedding and honeymoon, and had only been back in town 10 days ...  I was still just tired and wanted Craig to myself.  When Craig asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I suggested we spend the day in Galveston on the beach.  I've never spent my birthday on the beach watching the sunset ~ so it was a perfect day!   Honestly, with Craig working out of town these days, any time I can spend time with Craig is wonderful =) 

Celebrating the big 50 in Galveston
Dinner at The Spot / Tiki Bar

I don't know why people stress about birthdays!  It's just another number... sure we're all getting older, but that's to be expected, right!   I have to admit, my 50th birthday was celebrated in grand style ~ how many people get to marry their junior high sweetheart just before turning 50!  Life is GOOD!

We also had a get together this month with some of Craig's friends to celebrate our wedding.  Craig cooked 4 briskets ~ and I manned the pit all day to make sure the briskets were cooking properly... something I'd never done before... and yes, the briskets turned out great!  He loves to cook for a crowd and everyone sure enjoys what he cooks!!

Craig has been working side jobs the last couple of weekends and got a great compliment from a high end Houston landscaper.  He asked for Craig's number and wants to use him for some landscaping jobs... so that speaks highly to the quality of his work... and another contact in the area is always a good thing!

Halloween came and went with little fanfare.  We just didn't have the energy to put into costumes this year and just got together with friends at a local bar down by the water.  It would have been so great to be in Utah to spend time with the grandkids and our nieces and nephews instead!   Maybe next year..................

~ Some favorite October pictures ~

A beautiful October sunrise over our home!

Our Roses are blooming!!

An October sunset in Baytown

LOVE the pink tones of this October sunset!

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

Happy 50th as we mature...life gets better and better.