We celebrated Thanksgiving quietly this year. There has been so much going on in life, it was nice to have some extended time with Craig ~ who always seems to find a way to make me smile and even laugh ~ just one of the many things I just love about this man!
I spent the first part of the week with him in Athens, TX, where he's been working the past 8 months. While he worked, I spent lazy days at the nearby lake, reading a good book, or visiting with family and friends on the phone. We were lucky to have some beautiful 75 degree days while I was there and I enjoyed the warm November days ~ what a welcome change from the bitterly cold Chicago winters!!
For Thanksgiving, Craig deep fried a turkey ~ yummmmm!! He injected it with a Cajun Butter and Lemon Butter Garlic seasoning ~ and oh my goodness, it was gooooood!!! He also made his layered potatos that I love so much... I just LOVE a man who can cook!!! It was a nice, relaxing day, spent with the man I love and adore so much =) It was a little quiet for Thanksgiving and we would have both loved to spend the day with Chad & Magan, Kovi & Jodi and all our grandkids, family and friends... we're hopeful we can make that happen next year!
Chad continues to heal from his initial surgery, while awaiting other tests and scans to determine next steps. We appreciate everyone's love and prayers ~ please keep it up!!! We believe in the power of prayer and it means the world to both of us!
I've also included a few favorite November pictures ~ our dogs ~ Dixie & Star ~ waiting patiently for some scraps and a stray kitten who adopted me and kept me company for the whole day.
A beautiful sunrise on Thanksgiving morning and a perfect beautiful pink rose in our front yard.
Now I'm listening to my favorite Christmas music and thanking the Lord every day for my many blessings and all the beautiful people in my life. I love you all =)

1 comment:
and I bet you don't miss work or the cold of chicago!
Post a Comment