About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

~ Wrapping up 2010 ~

What a crazy year this has been!!  I have celebrated the highest of highs this year ~ marrying my best friend and sweetheart ~ and struggled with the lowest of lows ~ dealing with Chad's illness ~ but we are full of hope for the future and know 2011 will be a great year!!  

I was minding my own business ~ content, but freezing in Chicago.  I had no intention of falling in love and making any big changes to my life... and along comes Craig Gallagher ~ who shakes up my world completely!!

A view of Chicago
We met when we were 10 years old ~ at the Scera Pool and even then he caught my eye =) When we finally went to the same school ~ Lincoln Jr High ~ I knew he was the one I wanted!  I guess he felt the same way and we followed each other around for a couple years, meeting up at the ball park, the swimming pool, even the mall, but I was extremely shy and he gave up on me (I know your Mama taught you that the BEST things are worth fighting for!!!) And yes, that was me who wrote "Love Ya" on his yearbook picture!  =) So we went our separate ways through high school, although he stayed on my radar!  Still, he didn't have to wait til we're almost 50 years old to make his move on me ~ all I can say is... it's about damn time baby!!!



I started 2010 in Texas, as I spent the holidays (Christmas 2009 & New Years 2010) with Craig ~ and we started talking about getting married =)  Craig flew to Chicago for his birthday in late January ~ and we talked more about getting married... I flew to Utah in February to visit my family ~ and Craig convinced me to go meet my future Mother-in-law and sisters-in-law while I was there ~ on my own, I might add ~ and he still owes me for that one!! =)  

Meeting my future in-laws ~ Feb 2010
We planned a joint trip the end of April ~ to meet each other's families and had a wonderful, but quick trip!  We had a big Gallagher family party, where I felt welcomed and loved right away. It just felt we had all been family for years already!  We had a huge Renstrom family party, where Craig fit right into the rowdy Renstrom bunch and everyone loved him from the first meeting ~ it just felt as if our two families were one already ~ we just needed to get them altogether in one spot!  Craig made his proposal official at Bridal Veil Falls ~ and we started planning a wedding =)

More of the in-laws ~ May 2010

Craig meeting my Mom & Dad ~ May 2010

Craig meeting Chad & Magan ~ May 2010
Craig flew back to Houston and I flew back to Chicago and started packing up my place ~ and planned my move for the end of May.  What a big job that was!!  I left Chicago on May 28th and met Craig in Little Rock Arkansas for the drive through Texas ~ we arrived in Baytown on May 30th.  It took some time getting used to my new home ~ the heat, humidity, the bugs! But I was here with Craig and that's all that really mattered.  He started working out of town, leaving for the week and coming home on Friday through Sunday ~ we decided it was a good transition for us both, but we are so ready now for the job in Athens to finish up so we can be together all week!!

Leaving Chicago IL 

Almost home to Houston
Summer passed as I unpacked, organized the house, got familiar with my surroundings and new home, and planned our September wedding!  We spent two weeks in Utah for the wedding and honeymoon ~ and finally got our entire family (we missed a few) together for the occasion!  We enjoyed visiting family as much as we could during our time there ~ I fell in love with all the grandkids and can't wait to see them again =)

Eleven of our 12 Grandkids =)
November came and it took me to Las Vegas to be with Chad for his thyroid surgery... the rest of November  was not productive for me at all while I struggled with the bad news we had received and researched everything I could about thyroid cancer.  I thank God every day for Craig, Chad, my family and friends who have shown such love and support and helped me cope the past 6 weeks!!!

Chad & Magan ~ Check out his incision!
During December, I prepared the house for Christmas, looked for work, went on interviews, with hope that one will offer me a job ~ It looks like I'll be heading back to Las Vegas in January or February to be with Chad, but in the meantime, Craig and I are loving life, enjoying being with each other, and teasing each other about all sorts of things.  We definitely know how to have some fun!  Money was tight this year, but there was enough love in this house that we could forget about that stress for the moment.  We enjoyed our first full Christmas season together!

Our first Christmas 2010
We look forward to celebrating the end of this amazing and incredible year ~ and welcoming in 2011 with hope for the future, love in our hearts, love for everyone in our lives, and prayers for good health and happiness to everyone. We truly love each and every one of you!!  

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

on to the future with your beloved companion by your side...(I put my comment on the wrong post so I deleted it and added it here...lol!)