Springtime is here.. at least in Houston! For Craig's birthday last month, we bought some tulips and planted them all over our yard. Then, we got hit with a week long freeze (yes, it was down in single digits!!!) so we were afraid we'd lose the tulips. Craig covered them up with leaves and blankets to keep them warm ... and look what we had in our yard this morning =) Our yard is going to be absolutely gorgeous!!!
Craig's annual Cook Off starts this week ~ he's been part of the Goody Girls team for about 13 years now and they consistently place in the top 3 (out of more than 300 teams) ~ last year they placed 2nd overall! This weekend was spent doing pre-cook. He was at the pre-cook site at 5 am, cooking all day, and I met up with him in the late afternoon for dinner and fun with the crew. I met a lot of his friends from the team and had a lot of fun! I'll be hanging out for a few nights next week when it's in full gear and I'm looking forward to my first Houston Cook Off experience. We all know what a great cook Craig is and how hard he works.. I'm glad he gets to participate in this great event. I'll get some pics posted later of the fun. Good Luck Craig & the Goody Girls!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment