We got WONDERFUL news this week!!! Chad's surgery went very well and he seems to be doing great! Dr. Wang removed 15 lymph nodes ~ 9 of which were cancerous! He also removed the gland that runs from the Thyroid to the tongue, and it's a good thing he did, as that was cancerous too. Dr. Wang was amazed at how much cancer seemed to be present in Chad, but he feels confident that they got it all... so that's what I'm holding on to now! He will still be undergoing Radioactive Iodine treatments in the next few months, along with trying to regulate his thyroid medication... so he may have a couple of rocky months while they figure out just what his body requires. But, he's smiling and happy ~ so I'm smiling and happy!
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and fasts ~ and just overall support for both Chad and I. It is a great blessing to have such a wonderful and supportive family and just talking with each of you brought me some peace and comfort ~ so thank you so much!!! I'm so proud of Chad and how he handled this challenge. He remained positive and calm (whereas I was not always so calm!!!) I know he's happy to have the surgery behind him and can focus on the rest of the healing process.
The steroid shots seemed to have helped with his back injury as well and he's been released from disability!! No back surgery for now ~ woo hoo!!!!
Work is going well, we're surviving the rare Texas cold front (it actually dipped to 7 degrees one morning!!!) and Craig & I continue to have fun, with lots of love and laughter in our home, but we do miss you all and we're planning our next visit out to Utah =) so we hope to see you all before too long. We sure love you all!!!!

1 comment:
mark july 16th as family reunion time. glad to hear chad is doing so well.
Post a Comment