My heart is heavy with thoughts of close friends and loved ones who are faced with the challenges of addiction. I've watched people I love ~ abuse their bodies and their souls year after year.
One close friend is serving time in prison after a deadly accident... so many lives ruined in the process... the innocent victim, the children and families of both men, my friend ~ who's life will never be the same again.
A loved one ~ who I fear is struggling again, after doing so well in rehab.
How do we help the ones we love, to overcome??? I know it's a decision they have to make for themselves... but do we give them "tough love"?, do we have an intervention?, do we insist they take responsibility and take care of the hard and difficult aspects of their lives or enable them out of fear that the pressure will make them crack?????
I find myself getting angry at them ~ over the selfishness of their actions and how it affects everyone around them! I want them to own their life ~ take responsibility ~ face the challenges of life head on like everyone has to do.... Others want to coddle, enable (altho I believe they think they are being helpful...) and make life easier for them.... HOW is that helpful????? AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I need to get down on my knees... and pray that they will find their way ~ before they hurt themselves... or anyone else.

1 comment:
life isn't easy for any of us, we each have our challenges sometimes unknown to others. prayer is certainly a source of strength and comfort.
Post a Comment