About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

~ What Happens in Las Vegas..... ~

We flew into Vegas on Wednesday, September 21st, to spend a couple of days with Chad & Magan, as well as celebrate our first anniversary.  Chad & Magan gifted us with our stay at The Gold Coast ~ thank you so much!!  As hard as it was to leave Utah and our families there, it was a GREAT way to finish up our vacation, spending much needed time with Chad after the crazy and emotional year we had, to celebrate his continued good health... and to celebrate our anniversary.  

Chad met us at the Gold Coast on Wednesday night and treated us to dinner.We had a good time just hanging out and relaxing a bit after our crazy schedule in Utah.  Chad left us around 1 am to take Magan to work, and Craig & I had fun gambling til 4:30 in the morning... lol... the next day I woke to a sore throat and the realization that I'm just too old to be up so late!!  =)

The Gold Coast ~ Las Vegas

On Thursday, we drove into St. George... just to check it out.  We dream of making a move to St. George, bringing us closer to family and wanted to see if it was a viable option.  Oh, it's sooooo beautiful there and we would absolutely LOVE to live there!!!  We're not sure it's our best option at the moment, but hope to make it our home at some point in the future.

St. George
Small Reservoir near St. George

Friday, we spent more time with Chad & Magan.  She was such a trooper to hang out with us late into the evening, knowing she had to go to work at 3am... Craig & Magan had fun gambling, where Chad & I mostly watched...   Chad and I were noticing how much they were alike in their pursuit of gambling and having a good time, and Magan remarked that Chad & I were so much alike in just being able to observe and not necessarily get into the game... hmmm.  I think we'll continue to have a lot of fun with these two over the years =))
At Caesars

Chad & Magan at The Venetian

Magan ~ the snake charmer!

We flew home to Houston on Saturday, and since Chad had to work, we had lunch at Margaritaville so we could hang out with him a little more.  He introduced us as "Mom & Dad" to his co-workers, which touched Craig deeply... and made me smile, as it's the first time he's ever called anyone Dad...  BIG SMILES.  

Chad workin' the Rooftop @ Margaritaville

It was a GREAT trip... and one we would love to make an annual tradition.Thank you Chad & Magan... for a wonderful time... a great place to stay.... your company...  we love you guys!!


1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

I didn't realize you made it to st. George. Next time please stay in our guest casita-it's always available and empty as family seldom comes this way unless on their way to Disneyland...lol!