About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

~ My Favorite Time of Year ~

Have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE autumn???  I love the changing colors of the leaves, I love the nip in the air that demands a light sweater, I love having a fire on the patio on weekend mornings or evenings with Craig, I love the fashions of fall.... boots, sweaters, scarves... I love having hot soup, cider, warm bread.

Now that I'm living in Texas, fall means cooler temperatures [finally!] so I can truly appreciate being outside, fewer bugs, cooler nights... I love leaving the window open a crack and getting that crisp cool air blowing in during the night, and I do get to wear the occasional sweater, so I'm happy.  

Here in Houston, it's still very green and beautiful this time of year ~ as you can see from the pictures below.  Our roses continue to bloom, our Hibiscus flowers have new blooms every day, and I enjoy it all even more with the average 70-75 degree temperatures that we are so spoiled with!

I love Thanksgiving time, when we take a moment to slow down and think about all that we are so grateful for... and we're even pretty good at expressing all that we're thankful for, so our families and friends know how much we appreciate them =)  I love the holiday season... the promise of it... the music... the excited and happy children who are trying, so very hard, to be really really good!  

I have so many blessings... and so very much to be grateful for this year.  First and foremost, Chad's amazing progress and continued good health!  His recent Doctor visit shows excellent numbers and the encouraging news that his body is responding very well to the surgery and treatment and he is now 7 months CANCER FREE!!!  I am so grateful for medical advancements, good Doctors, Chad's sweetheart Magan, my family and friends love and support, their continued prayers, and a loving God.

I am grateful for my sweet and loving husband, who surprises me everyday in one way or another. Craig can make me laugh or smile, and yes, as Chad mentioned in his wedding toast, "giggle like a school girl"... I adore him and all that he is.

I am grateful for my loving family ~ parents, sisters, brothers, in-laws, future in-laws, nieces and nephews, GRANDKIDS... It's so much fun being a Grandma and I'm so thankful for their love and acceptance, so freely given.  

Thank you ALL for being a part of my life ~ for bringing me joy, laughter, and LOVE.  I love you!! Happy Thanksgiving!

A Perfect Hibiscus 

Just one of our 10 Hibiscus Plants

An unusual color Hibiscus

Our White Roses

Our Yellow Roses
Pretty Bougainvillea!

An unbelievable SUNRISE!

So beautiful and colorful!!
A view of our much-used patio

A view of our yard

Craig's grills & firepits

No comments: