I am so very lucky and thankful that I have a husband who loves to cook!!!
We were planning on deep frying our turkey again this year and had to go out the day before to get a new propane tank. The young man who was assisting me, asked if I was frying the turkey for my family. I quickly said, "oh no, my husband is" ... his brow wrinkled and he asked if I wasn't afraid that my husband would ruin dinner.... LOL. I explained to him that Craig is really the cook in our family and as he's part of a world class cooking team, he cooks really really well! After Craig met up with us, the young man told Craig "man, I wish you were my Dad!". =)
On Thanksgiving, we planned a quiet, just the two of us kind of day... so had fun just playing around in the morning and cooking together in the afternoon. Craig was focused on the turkey, injecting it with Cajun Butter & Lemon Garlic Butter (yum!) and I took care of the sweet yams, green bean casserole, and a delicious dreamy salad.
We watched a little football, a little 007, and then we had a surprise visitor, Danielle "Gail" Cornelius, one of Craig's oldest friends, whom he's known since she was a little kid. It was my first time meeting her, but after chatting on facebook for the last year, I felt I knew (and loved) her already. Craig was thrilled to see her again ... It was a nice end to a beautiful day.
| The turkey is frying! |
| And it's ready to eat!! |
| Turkey, Green Beans, Sweet Yam... YUM! |
| And a little salad! =) |
| We're both stuffed.. and ready for a nap! |
This day is really one of thanks... and I'm so very thankful for all my many blessings, and thankful to my Lord God, who makes all my blessings possible!! I am thankful for all my blessings ~ the LOVE of my LIFE.. my own Prince Charming, who makes me smile every day! My amazing son, his happiness & health... his amazing girlfriend Magan, my family who loves and supports each other, my extended family who welcomes me in their midst, our beautiful and wonderful grandkids, friends who keep me laughing, a home, a beautiful yard, yummy food, and a strong belief in good things to come! I am truly blessed!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment