About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Saturday, January 21, 2012

~ Finding Old Friends ~

I really do love the social networks available to us today... it's so fun to reconnect with old friends that I've lost contact with over the years!  When I log into facebook for the day and see a friend request from someone I haven't seen or talked to in 20 years, my heart lifts in a smile.  I've lost count of the many old friends I've become reacquainted with over the past couple of years.  In some cases, we've become even better friends than before...... friendships made possible by facebook!  Not to mention classmates.com, where Craig and I happened to find each other after all these years =) 

I understand the concerns of many who don't want to be involved (Julie!!) but I really believe the benefits far outweigh the negatives.  Sure you have to be smart about what you share, and set the proper security features for privacy, but being able to connect with people, near and far, staying in constant communication, knowing what challenges your friends/family are facing, sharing good times and reasons to celebrate, feeling connected to loved ones far away by sharing in their pictures ~ these are wonderful benefits available to us in today's world.  My Mom often remarks that it's her daughter living hundreds of miles away, who has the news first of what is going on locally and with family and friends.  It definitely helps me feel more connected to those I love...... especially those who are so far away.

So CHEERS to classmates, facebook, and now google+..... where I may happen to find even more old lost friends.

Staying connected with my BFF's in Chicago ~ Jen & Jules

Loved getting reacquainted with Gigi, before she was tragically taken from this life.

No comments: