About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Thursday, January 12, 2012

~ A New Year ~

I can't believe how quickly 2011 flew by!  We had a wonderful year, with the BEST news ever in March, and had a great trip home in September ~ where we celebrated our 1st Anniversary!  As we were unable to get home for the holidays, we spent Christmas at the beach in Galveston... it was a lot of fun.  We are so very thankful for all our blessings, our families, our good health and the good health of those we love.  God has been good to us.  

With the new year comes new things to focus on.  I am once again looking for work ~ hoping to get something more interesting and challenging than last time =)  Craig is finally working locally in Houston and it's sure nice to have him home every day!  We have a lot of fun with each other in the afternoons and evenings, cooking on the grill, hanging outside in the beautiful winter weather, and laughing a lot!  It's hard to believe we've been married over a year now... it seems like yesterday that we got married, yet it feels like we've been together forever... I  love him more and more every day... he's so good to me... and for me.  =)  Craig loves to have fun and is always causing trouble in ways that get me laughing.  Have I mentioned how much I love having a man who knows how to make me laugh??  This is what I got on NYE when I asked Craig to smile... lol.

I'm LOVING the winters in Houston and love how fast my hair and nails grow here... one of the benefits of living here.  I'm sure I'll eventually adjust to the summers... =)

Chad and Magan are doing well ~ they are both healthy and happy... and we had so much fun hanging out with them in Las Vegas last fall.  Chad is still working at Margaritaville and DJ'ing....and is also attending school, working on his Bachelor's degree.  He plans to be a family therapist, so he has more schooling ahead.  He is so good with people, I believe he'll really do well in this field and enjoy it.  The doctors are still trying to get his thyroid medication just right, but he's feeling better all the time and all his numbers look great.... and we're looking at 9 months cancer free!!!  =))  Big smiles.  Magan is working at Aria and is thinking about getting back into school as well.  We often talk about how nice it would be to just head to Las Vegas for the weekend to visit.  Maybe someday!



Jodi & Kovi had their baby ~ a beautiful little boy on January 4, 2012, weighing in at 6.13.  They named him Jaxton Christen.  After a rough first week in the NICU, he's now home and happy with his beautiful family.  I can't wait til we can get to Utah and I can love on him and hold him ~ there is nothing better than a new little one to love and adore ~ and we've got 12 more beautiful grandkids we'd love to love and adore a little more often! 



We are looking forward to 2012 and hope and pray it will be a wonderful year for us and all of those special people in our lives.  We miss our parents and being able to spend time with them ... we miss seeing our kids, whom we love with all our hearts... we miss seeing the grandkids grow up and spending time with them... We love and miss our friends and family and look forward to our trip home this summer.  Have a wonderful 2012.

2 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

glad all is going well. How's the life story coming? lol...consider coming for the Johnson reunion June 23 in Spanish Fork at the Icelandic Days.

jerusharen said...

What wonderful blessings. Thanks for sharing so much with all of us. We love you! Mike and Keith are in New Orleans right now touring the WWII museum and Keith is being interviewed while they are down there. Thanks for your help and encouragement with getting his story out there.