I can't believe it's March already and I haven't updated my blog for 2 months! I don't even have a good excuse... I spend so much time on the computer looking for work, playing on facebook, and typing for my Mom, I just don't want to blog...
Tomorrow is my Dad's 91st birthday... wow! I remember about 16 years ago, my Dad had a massive heart attack, requiring quadruple bypass surgery. The surgeon called us together to let us know they weren't sure he'd make it and to be prepared for the worst. It was a difficult and emotional day, but I loved that the family was all there (after Julie flew in from Washington), praying and supporting each other as we waited. It was a long recovery, but I'm so happy my Dad is still going strong, if a whole lot slower, 16 years later!! My parents celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary in January and my Dad is convinced he'll make it for their Golden Anniversary in 2016 =)
We have all been blessed by our time spent with him. He has taught us honor and integrity, honesty, the value of hard work, standing up and trying again when we fall short, humor, faith in God, and most of all, love. Love for our Mother, love for our family, love for the gospel, love for extended family and friends, love for each of us. Keith Renstrom is a great example of what a man should be... and we're all so proud to call him Dad, Father, Grandpa, Brother, Uncle, Marine, Friend.
HAPPY Birthday Dad ~ I wish I could be there to celebrate your big day, but you are in my thoughts and heart every day. I love you.
![]() |
| The Renstrom bunch in 2008 |
![]() |
| Celebrating Dad's 86th Birthday with some of the grandkids |
![]() |
| Craig meeting my parents in April 2010 |




No comments:
Post a Comment