Thank God... I have finally found a decent job in Texas! =) It's been a crazy 6 months... filling in with part time hours over at Macy's. I have not worked retail since I was pregnant.. 33 years ago! I haven't liked working days/nights/weekends, and being on my feet all day was not fun!!!... So I'm definitely looking forward to having a regular schedule! I got a phone call from the Director of Institutional Advancement, over at Lee College.. asking me to apply for her high level admin position. I did... and after the interview, they decided I would be perfect for the Administrative position supporting the President & the Board of Regents. Although it's administrative in nature, I'll be backing up the President in meetings he cannot be present and I'll be meeting a lot of the community business leaders and building my network! The benefits are great and in addition to vacation time, they have a generous sick/holiday/break schedule and the free tuition for me and my family is pretty cool too.
I'm looking forward to the new challenges and brushing up my computer skills.. the people have been wonderful so far and I see myself making friends with some of the people I've met already.
And... the best part is.... we can now start planning our trip home to Utah/Vegas!!!!
Oh... and I cut 5 inches off my hair... and I love it!!


1 comment:
Your hair looks adorable! Congrats on the new job, you deserve it!
Post a Comment