Well, summer has arrived in Houston! It's hot and muggy and the bugs are out in full force! I honestly don't know how Craig works outside all day in this heat ~ I feel like I'm melting and ready to pass out from the heat after an hour...lol. We hang out on the patio in the early morning or in the evenings, it's just too hot to be out there during the day.
I love my job! I know I just started, but so far, so good. The people are just nice...and professional...and I haven't noticed any drama queens or bitchiness from anyone. What a nice change of pace that is! The work is not hard and I stay busy the entire day, which makes the days go by quickly. I love working half days on Fridays and having the weekends off. It's so nice to be spending evenings and weekends again with my sweetie =))
We may get a summer visit from Craig's 17 year old daughter, Lexi. He is so excited, he can hardly wait, and I'm excited to meet her finally. I am clearing out one of the bedrooms for her and we're both looking forward to having a teenager in the house! She is a beautiful young woman and Craig has missed spending time with her, so it will be so good for both of them to have this time together.
We're still hopeful that we'll get to Utah this fall, but we've got to catch up a little first! Being unemployed for six months took a toll and I'm not sure we will make it. We're just playing it by ear for now and hope it will all come together. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Our yard is gorgeous... Craig works hard at keeping it looking so good and it's paying off now. We're hoping to finish up the kitchen this year too ~ new flooring and refinishing the cabinets. I CAN'T WAIT for that!!! Have a great summer everyone. ~xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment