About Me

My photo
In September 2010, I married my best friend and LOVE of my LIFE, my junior high sweetheart, CRAIG R. GALLAGHER. I am the mother of an incredibly amazing son, CHAD (and his awesome girl, MAGAN, our future daughter-in-law) who I love so much and I am so proud of!! By marrying Craig, my family just got much bigger ~ between the two of us, we have 5 boys (CHAD, KOVI, CASEY, CORY, KYLE) and 1 girl (LEXI) and 13 beautiful grandchildren!!! Add in a wonderful & talented daughter-in-law, JODI, and all my new in-laws, not to mention my own incredible family, and it's easy to see, I am very, very blessed! =) Oh....... and on a side note, now that I'm living in Texas, I'm having to lose some of my city girl ways ~ just ask Craig how that's goin' =))

Sunday, July 22, 2012

~ Gecko's, Roaches & Unidentified Creepy Crawlies ~

July is half over and we have been busy busy busy!  It's been a pretty mild July so far.  We've had a lot of rain this month, dropping the daily temps to the mid-80's ~ almost unheard of in July, so we've spent more time outside in the evenings.  With this being my third summer here, I'm almost prepared for the heat and humidity of Houston summers... almost! It sometimes still takes my breath away and I wonder why anyone chooses to live here.  But then we go to the beach, or see the greenery of the area, and think about the mild winters... and I'm glad we do... for now anyway.  
I adore this man =)
It's been a fun and interesting couple of months for me, as I learn my new job, get to know my boss, my co-workers, and make new friends.  The college is small, with a nice campus environment, the benefits are great, and I've met some great people.  I'm lovin' it!

Lee College Campus
Our new Performing Arts Center

Craig is busy as always with the upkeep of our beautiful yard!  He mows twice a week because the grass grows 4-5 inches in just a few days.  Our flowers are beautiful ... and we've bought a couple of Crepe Myrtle trees (tiny right now) to add to the yard.  He takes such pride in the yard and and patio area and I get to reap the benefits of his hard work.  It's a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Our Pink Hibiscus

Hibiscus, Cannas, & Flower Baskets

We're hoping to get to Kemah this week and enjoy a little music and fun. We haven't had a chance to get there much this summer with everything going on. We were hoping to work in a visit with Lexi and have her out to visit for part of the summer, but that didn't work out the way we'd hoped. We're still working on that and hope to make it happen sooner rather than later.  I'm looking forward to meeting her!


Lexi ~ 17 years old


Chad & Magan are busy with work, school work, and planning their lives together, Jodi & Kovi are busy raising their beautiful 7 kids, and our parents are doing pretty well and keeping busy too.  I always say my parents are busier than I've ever been... I don't know how they do it, but I think it keeps them young! =)  My sister Julie keeps us in the loop with everyone and I miss her and her sweet family so much!!  We're hoping to get home for one of the big holidays this year!  

Chad & Magan

Keith A. Renstrom ~ Grand Marshall ~ Huntsville July 4th Parade

Jaxton Gallagher ~ 6 months

The Day Family

And yes, I've seen my share of roaches...and mosquitos... I even saw a baby gecko in the kitchen!  We've seen a couple of interesting looking bugs in the yard that we are unable to identify... I just hope they stay outside!


No comments: